Toxic Black Mold – Why Are They Toxic?

Toxic Black Mold – Why Are They Toxic?

Everybody has a first time experience with molds and mildews. If you haven’t met them yet, you are lucky. Unfortunately, they are spreading at such an alarming rate that it is really difficult to avoid exposure to molds.

Outdoor, you can still avoid exposure by simply leaving the place where you sense the presence of molds and mildews. When they grow inside your home, you have simply no option but to live with these harmful creatures under the same roof!

This is not at all desired. The mold species Stachybotrys chartarum is extremely dangerous for human health. You may wonder what kind of mold is this! Haven’t you heard of black mold? Stachybotrys chartarum is the scientific name of black mold. It is a greenish black fungal growth generally found outdoors. In can also grow on damp and water damaged walls, floors, furniture and organic products.

They obtain nutrition from dead organic materials by decomposing them into simpler substances. They reproduce through spore formation. Black mold spores are released in air and taken by air current mainly.

Mold spores are everywhere. Airborne mold spores come in with air mainly. They often get stuck on human body, clothes and even on pets in outdoor. And easily find their way into your basement, kitchen, bathroom, garden or crawl places. These mold spores float in the air and enter into your body when you breathe in.

But that happens to all mold species, how black mold is different and why are they called toxic?

Why black molds are toxic?

Toxic black molds, Stachybotrys or black mold, whatever you call them, produce mycotoxins during metabolism. Mycotoxins are found on the substance they grow on, in airborne hyphal parts and in mold spores. Mycotoxins make black molds more dangerous for human beings. When they grow inside homes or business premises, the risk of exposure to black molds increase many times. One needs to use black mold cleaner to kill toxic molds.

Different species of molds produce mycotoxins of varied severity. The amount produced and the level of toxicity also may depend on the present conditions of life. When all the conditions – moisture, food source, air and temperature, are right, higher amount of mycotoxins are produced which make the situation worse.

Different species of fungus produce different types of toxins; needless to mention that not all the toxins affect human system in the same way. Mold sampling is often done to find out the type of mold contamination. Once you know the species of molds, you can figure out what type of health concerns does it associate with.

Mycotoxins – black mold health effects:

* Weaker immune system
* Allergy, irritation of eyes, throat and skin
* Sickness, diarrhea and even death

Some forms of mycotoxins have higher impact on pets than on humans. Indoor toxic black mold growth can be lethal. Black molds should always be removed with black mold killer.

What kills mold?

Though people have been using bleaches to kill mold, bleach has certain limitations. It cannot reach to the toughest corner of your room or some narrow cracks on the wall where molds have started nesting.

Bleach may clean the place temporarily but it fails to prevent future contamination. Moreover, bleach is not good for human health, hence it can add to the problems.

Natural black mold killer are good from all perspectives. Being natural they are free from side effects; hence no health threats are associated with them. Top of all, they prevent future mold growth efficiently.

Most people do not realize the true severity of black mold and how it can cause major health issues. See what kills mold and remove mildews and molds before they spread throughout your home and in your lungs.