Enjoy Travelling In Sound Health With Travel Clinic NY
Immunization is an important weapon in the medical arsenal against infectious diseases. Inadequate vaccination may result to deaths or serious illnesses from diseases which are otherwise preventable. Travel Immunization provides excellent defense against exposure to diseases that can affect people travelling to many foreign destinations.
Since disease outbreaks and vaccine requirements change regularly, most of the medical practitioners choose to send their patients to a travel health clinic, which provides detailed and customized counseling based on their itinerary, and recommends & administers the appropriate Travel Vaccines. Travel clinics are staffed with specialists in travel health, and possess current information on which vaccines are required or recommended for people travelling to various destinations. As they necessarily focus on vaccinations, they provide a good opportunity to check on a patient’s immunization status and administer missed vaccinations as necessary. They also provide the vaccine with appropriate information about the risks and benefits (if any) associated, during vaccination screening interviews.
A Travel Vaccination Clinic in New York City provides travel immunizations for a variety of diseases like:
· Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine is given to travelers visiting South East Asia, the Indian subcontinent, Far East & Tropical North East Australia.
· Yellow Fever Vaccine is administered at least 10 days prior to traveling West & Central Africa, and parts of South America.
· Hepatitis A Vaccine for people travelling to Indian subcontinent, Far East & Eastern Europe; Hepatitis B for travelers visiting South-East Asia, Middle & Far East, Southern Europe & Africa.
· Tetanus Vaccine is administered to people travelling worldwide, especially if they have never been vaccinated before.
· Typhoid Vaccination is given to travelers visiting South Asia, parts of South East Asia, Middle East, Central & South America, and Africa.
· Rabies Vaccine is given to travelers visiting areas closely associated with animals, like jungle habitats.
· Meningitis vaccine is given to travelers visiting Africa, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Saudi Arabia & many other parts of the world.
· Polio Vaccination is given to travelers visiting developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East etc.
· Flu Shots are recommended for anyone who wants to reduce the likelihood of becoming ill with flu or spreading influenza to others.
It is important for everyone to recognize Travel Vaccination as a significant lifetime investment in protection against infections and illnesses.
A Travel Clinic NYC not only helps to decrease the morbidity and mortality associated with vaccine-preventable illnesses, but also offers immense peace of mind to the growing number of people traveling abroad!