Top Tips for Travelling in South Africa
Have you ever thought about visiting South Africa for a holiday? There are many reasons to visit South Africa, but before we delve into the excitement that this wonderful place can offer, it is highly recommended that you also keep in mind that you will need to research the right travel insurance for the trip. This insurance will financially cover any medical expenses and delays or cancellations that you may experience while on your visit to South Africa.
Now, Let’s Discover South Africa!
There are ten great reasons why you must make South Africa one of the top destinations to travel to while on holiday;
1. The natural scenic beauty – including the Kalahari Desert, the wildflowers of Namakwa, Table Mountain and Kruger National Park.
2. The adventure – hiking, diving, white water rafting, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing, parachuting and ballooning are all on offer!
3. The excellent weather – the sun shines on a regular basis in South Africa, which allows visitors and locals to enjoy the beaches almost every day of the year!
4. “The Rainbow Nation” – learn about South Africa’s incredible history at the source and how this interesting name came about.
5. Premier sporting facilities – Rugby and cricket are the most popular sports in South Africa, so why not go and see a riveting game for yourself!
6. Its affordability – surprisingly enough, considering the experiences you will have when visiting South Africa, activities are reasonably priced.
7. Offers diverse experiences – Where else can you go on a desert safari during the day and then enjoy a 5 star meal at night?
8. Well organised tourist operators – it’s always recommended to do your research first, but in general, there are some fantastic adventures to be had with the guidance of some very knowledgeable locals.
9. The wildlife – to see majestic animals such as Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffalo and Rhinos in their natural habitat is a once in a lifetime opportunity
10. The people – Without a doubt, South Africa is one country that has been through a lot and as a result this place is home to some of the world’s most unique personalities.
Other Facts About South Africa
South Africa has a population of 49 million people and it borders Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe and Swaziland. There are 11 official languages which include English, Ndebele, Xhosa, Afrikaans, Zulu, Sotho, Sepedi, Tswana, Xitsonga, Swati and Tshivenda. You will learn tremendous amounts about South Africa from both your tour guides and from the locals.
Anything can happen while you are on holiday; your body will need to adjust to certain changes like the temperature, the food and the water. If you do not adapt well to such changes, then you may find yourself spending a few days in the hospital. Instead of going home with thousands of dollars of debt, it is strongly advised when travelling anywhere in the world to get travel insurance. If you don’t know where to start, simply jump on the internet and search for it.