George Zimmerman’s Attorneys Apologize for Fake Trayvon Martin ‘Evidence’

Filed under: Featured,Headlines |
George Zimmerman Trayvon Martin Cell Phone Evidence photo

George Zimmerman and his attorneys recently released text messages from Trayvon’s phone hoping to damage his reputation

AFRICANGLOBE – George Zimmerman’s attorneys apologized Sunday for mischaracterizing evidence they said boosted their theory that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor in his fatal meeting with their client last year.

Lawyer Mark O’Mara said during a hearing last Tuesday that the defense had obtained video footage of three fights, including one in which he said two of Trayvon Martin’s friends “were beating up a homeless guy.”

But George Zimmerman’s defense team corrected that statement on  Sunday, saying O’Mara had unintentionally “misstated the nature” of the footage.

In a statement posted on George Zimmerman’s website, the defense lawyers said the footage actually showed “two homeless guys fighting each other over a bike.”

A Florida judged ruled Tuesday that George Zimmerman’s lawyers cannot mention Trayvon Martin’s suspension from school, or alleged marijuana use, text message exchanges or past fighting in opening statements when the trial begins on June 10.

George Zimmerman faces a second-degree murder charge for shooting Trayvon Martin to death after a confrontation on Feb. 26, 2012. The defense has argued that 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was the aggressor and that George Zimmerman was just trying to protect himself.

 

By: Daniel Arkin

 

Trayvon Martin 911 Call