AFRICANGLOBE – Fifteen metro Atlanta businesses are in the 2014 Black Enterprise 100s, the most recently available — an annual compilation of the largest Black-owned or majority Black-owned companies by annual revenue or assets. That’s one more local business than made the 2013 list.
The ranked businesses are in four categories: industrial/service (including construction and manufacturing companies, media companies, IT services and others), which included eight of the 15; as well as auto dealerships, advertising and financial services.
The largest business by revenues was Wade Ford Inc., an auto dealer in Smyrna, with total revenues of $426 million. (BE said its data is accurate as of Dec. 31, 2013.) The largest financial firm was Atlanta’s Citizens Trust Bank, operated by the Citizens Bancshares Corporation, with $387 million in assets.
The 15 includes businesses are:
- H. J. Russell & Co.
- The Gourmet Cos.
- Jackmont Hospitality Inc.
- B & S Electric Supply Co. Inc.
- Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead
- IMAGES USA
- Citizens Bancshares Corp. (Citizens Trust Bank)
- Capitol City Bank & Trust CO. (Capitol City Bank)
- Malcolm Cunningham Automotive
- Jackson Acura
- Legacy Automotive Group
- Benton-Georgia L.L.C.
- C. D. Moody Construction Co. Inc.
- Engineering Design Technologies Inc.
- TME Enterprises 1 LTD
See the complete BE 100s — including additional distinctions such as growth and employment leaders, here.