by James Loesch
Getting That Special Logo Or Brand For Your Business
You have accomplished the task of developing your business and getting it started, so now it is time to create a marketing strategy to continue to grow it. You need to make sure you accomplish this in the correct way, since you have already put so much effort into it. Being certain that your vision is portrayed by your logo is one way to ensure this. Here are 5 tips to help you get the best logo, whether you are doing it yourself, or paying a professional.
1. Your logo ought to advertise your company in a special but true way. A logo that brings to mind vegetables or furniture does not work for a security business. Similarly, you want to take care that your logo is not too much like your competition. Make sure the logo you design delivers a message about your business. It should say what you do and why you are good at it. You are special and so is your company. Your marketing should focus on the aspects of your business that are unique and make you rise above your competitors. Your clients will know who you are and you will be a unique individual with a logo that is well designed.
2. Simplicity is key in a logo, and unnecessary details should not be included. A lot of companies have discovered that their logo is remembered mostly when it remains simple. Several bold lines will surely be noticed rather than too many small lines. If you use a bold font for your letters, it will be much more easy to see them. However, what is the added benefit of having a plain logo? It will make it easier for you to use your logo in various sizes, from very small to gigantic.
3. Your logo should look as good in black and white as it does in color. A logo that is designed to look good in black and white will always look good using another style of single-color printing. When you look over your logo in black and white, you will get a better idea of whether it contains all the needed details. The additional benefit of seeing your logo in black and white? Single color printing doesn’t cost as much as standard four-color printing for logos. Additionally, you can change the color to match the product you will print your logo on. Use dark colors for light backgrounds and light colors for dark backgrounds.
4. Your logo should look good in a range of sizes. Your logo will show you off in a variety of different mediums. You will want your logo to look amazing whether you are placing it on business cards, letterheads, or a billboard. Make sure that your logo will work in any size. You may not currently have plans for billboards, but someday you might.
5. You should have a logo that is balanced aesthetically. Your logo should be created so one portion does not overshadow the other portions. Symmetry, color placement, and shape all have an effect on the appearance of the logo. Any work of art looks better when it is well-balanced. A logo is no exception. If these simple pointers are followed, you and your marketing campaign will both benefit from your logo.