The Visa Black Card – A High-End Charge Card
A black credit card is a widely-accepted vision of exclusivity and therefore means, stemming from the now exposed amenities of the very first emblem of power – the AMEX Centurion black card. Visa took the concept of black cards to a whole new level of promotion by making it widely available to the public, even though it is limited to just about 3 million people. For a better understanding of what the exclusive cards offer, there follows a comparison of their claimed benefits below:
– The first one is, of course, exclusivity. The Visa Black Card is touted as being available to just the top 1% of the continental American populace, which comes out to slightly over 3 million lucky carders. The Centurion, on the other hand, isn’t really even available necessarily to the very rich; they first have to have an American Express Platinum, on which they have charged $ 250,000 in a single year. Then; they have to actually wait to be invited by the Centurion brass, after which a whole new level of access is opened to them.
– The annual fee of the AMEX centurion is a whopping – although clearly not to the people who carry one – $ 2500. The Visa Black comes in with a (good) whimper at just $ 42 monthly, or $ 495 annually. Of course, the things they offer are quite a bit different to justify these fees.
– The concierge services of both black cards are always available, so that’s a wash. What is most certainly not even is what either one can do for you. The Visa Black concierge service is very good and helpful, especially in unfamiliar locales; the AMEX, on the other hand, can secure the kinds of things you expect presidents to be able to get done. Are you rich and need a vial of sand from the beaches of the Caspian Sea? It has been reported that a rich client once secured this from the Centurion people, who sent a courier to extract the sand and overnight-mailed it to their rich card-holder so that his daughter could complete a class project in style.
Visa Black has nothing like the $ 10,000 initiation fee of the Centurion, which might be considered a good thing, until you remember that for the true holders of the Centurion, such a price is a paltry and irrelevant thing. Visa Black is the rich card for those that aren’t quite there yet, but are ambitious enough to be trying to get there. For a short run-down of what the Visa Black offers, consider:
– 1% cash-back on all purchases, or travel points instead.
– 24 hour concierge
– Priority Pass access to 600 airport lounges in 90 countries
– A Rewards Program sending you luxury gifts
– A novel deep black Carbon Card
If you easily spend more than $ 50 when eating out alone or with a single friend, then that’s a sure sign that the annual fee of $ 495 won’t bother you, or make you think twice about owning this prestigious Visa Black Card. It’s a credit card generally used by frequent travelers (who would benefit tremendously from the reward points, lounges access and concierge services), businessmen and businesswomen – especially when trying to impress a client, and young entrepreneurs. Otherwise, there are other, better low interest cards to suit your lifestyle.